Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

Made with Love

I've been quite busy lately with school and work. I took a few vacation days to study and write a paper. Alas, life gets in the way (and unfortunately so did work). I had to take a nap this morning to compensate for the 3 hours of sleep I got last night. (I was up until 2 working on the paper, watched Survivor on DVR, went to sleep on he couch at 3, up at 6 for a 7 AM meeting...on my day off).

Domi said, "Do you want me to get you up by 3:00 PM if you are not up?"

I said, "Thank you, but I'll be fine." She's always asking me if she can help by waking me up...keeping me on track. She's responsible that way.

I got up at about 2:00 PM to begin a long day of writing. Dom heard that I was up and came to say hello. I asked her if she would be so kind as to make me a peanut butter sandwich while I was in the shower so I could take it down to my office and start working. She took the specifics of my order (heavy on peanut butter...yes, grape jelly is fine if there is no strawberry....yes, chips would be great.....paper plate, please).

When I came downstairs, this is what I found.

The note says, "MADE WITH LOVE."

It made my day.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

You are one lucky parent.

Jana said...

Don't tell Elle but I think I miss Dom the most :) such a cutie! But do tell Elle that I'm terribly sorry I haven't sent her letter yet, I haven't been able to get stamps until just now; it will be in the mail tomorrow morning!

Sarah said...

That is the cutest thing ever! What a little sweetheart! :) I have a little tear in my eye right now, just reading that.