Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gravy Boat or Neti Pot?

So, this is one of those Thanksgiving moments that we'll forget years down the road, so I will document in cyberspace. (And assume that cyberspace will not go away for a while).

I've used a neti pot for about a year. I saw it on Oprah one day, and Dr. Oz made it look easy. I've got to tell you, I love my neti pot. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a way to clean our your sinus passages. It sounds really gross, but it's really awesome...especially if you suffer from allergies like I do. Anyway...google it if you want to know more about how it works.

It looks like this:This year we bought two new "kitchen things" in relation to Thanksgiving. We purchased a really nice turkey roasting pan and a gravy boat. We've always put gravy in the glass measuring cup, but a gravy boat is more classy, so we splurged.

The gray boat looks like this:I will admit that there are similarities in their shape and color. However, one is clearly a gravy boat and the other is clearly not. On two separate occasions, both Dom and Elle asked while referencing the gravy boat, "Is this your nose pot?" (Nose pot is what we affectionately call it.)

Of course the answer is, "No."

Interestingly, I couldn't get either Dom or Elle to eat the gravy. I think the thought that it might have been the neti pot was too much for them!

More Thanksgiving photos to follow!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that makes me laugh so hard...

Daisy said...

Ha ha ha . . . that's hilarious and disgusting all at the same time.

Karlie said...

Mike and I are both fans of the Neti Pot. And I don't blame Dom and Eli, it is a gross thought. Can't wait to see more!