Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

She has an old soul....

On June 27th, Layla Rae Davis was born.  What a day!  On Sunday night, Elise and Bradley had been over for dinner.  At about 9:30 PM ALL of the girls (Mariah, Elle and Dominique) wanted to go sleep over with Bradley and Elise.  Poor Elise never did go to sleep that night.  She started having contractions, and she went into the hospital in the wee small hours of the morning.  Later that morning, Dean went to pick the girls up and took Mariah up to the hospital to wait.

I think I had 6 meetings that day.  I started moving meetings off of my calendar because I knew that this was the day that the baby would be born.  Mercifully, I was home that day (not traveling). 

After a long day, the doctor decided that there were some questions about the baby's condition and that it was safest to take her c-section.  Dominique and I were at Harmon's getting cake, cupcakes, flowers...and all of that stuff when we got the call from Bradley.  We started making calls and hustling as quickly as we could out of there.  Dominique, Elle and I arrived with goodies in hand to the waiting room.  Less than 10 minutes later, we were able to see Layla for the very first time through the window of the nursery.

She is a BEAUTIFUL baby girl.  She weighted only 5 pounds, 4 oz, and she was 18 1/2 inches long.  Did I mention how beautiful she is?  Wow!  What a little blessing.

Here are a few pictures either taken on the day of her birth or within the first 24 hours.  Did I mention that she has an old soul?  This is only my opinion, of course, but the first time I held her, I thought that.  I still do.  I love to hold her and look at her.  She's a wiggler when she's awake.  She's a beauty when she's sleeping...but then again...I'm kind of biased!














Can you tell how much we all lover her??? 

No comments: