Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

What have the kids been up to?

I can't believe that it's almost been a MONTH since I last posted. While our attention was diverted for a period of time to deal with a family issue, we're hopefully back on track now! One of the absolute best things we did this summer was to hire Jana! She comes every day (even when Wendy is home) to be with Elle and Domi. Now, both girls are capable of being on their own, but it's summertime, and they want to be going and doing. I can't do that when I'm working from home, and I definitely can't do that when I'm gone. Jana helps them plan their days and does a great job of mixing the required (like reading, math and music) with the fun (like everything else!) Each week she chooses a "big" event. Here are a few pics of what they've been up to. This is Jana and Mariah on the week they went bowling. Riah tagged along. (She likes Jana and bowling, so it was a perfect combo!)
This is when they went to the Aquarium...Dom doesn't look like she's having fun at all! ;-)

This was when they went to the zoo. Dylan (our neighbor) with Dom and Elle. They had a really good time! (Elle won't show her teeth when she smiles...if she only could see how beautiful we all think her smile is! She's our smiling Elle. We're hoping she moves past the no smile phase soon!)

This pic of Dylan and Dom at the zoo makes me smile.

Just last week they went to the Oquirrih Temple Open house.

It's been great to have someone we can rely upon to make sure the girls have organized days and weeks. It's making the summer fly by! They don't have to rely on Dad or Wendy to get home to do things, and they seem to be having a great time! We're glad we have Jana! We know she's getting ready for school in the Fall, and we wish her all the best. Hopefully, more Jana pictures are to come since we have her for about 6 more weeks!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

What lucky girls. (Love Dom's cute pink and black skirt BTW - darling)

Jana said...

haha I think I about died when I saw my picture on her!! haha it gave me a good laugh :) I'm glad hiring me was such a good thing, I love being with the girlies

Vickie said...

Wow Wendy, you are so lucky to have a gal like Jana. I wish we could find someone in this area to help us out with the kids. The girls are really lucky.

Karlie said...

What a great idea!!! I could have used a field trip babysitter for some of those boring summers.