Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Sounds like life to me...

I've been busy lately....really busy. And when I'm not busy doing things, I worry about all of the things I should be doing!

A few things on my list (and this is just in the past two weeks!):
  • I'm in school full time this term (I'm deferring one project until summer, so that helps quite a bit.) I have class on Thursday nights from 2-5 the 6-9. It's not nearly as bad as it sounds, but it makes me feel silly for complaining about taking one class last term.
  • I've been taking an active role in issues related to our local middle school. There is a proposal on the table to talk about adjusting or eliminating certain curriculum and programs, and I've been trying to work with my local school administrators and PTA to make sure our facts are straight and our opinions are submitted. Seriously, being engaged at this level takes a lot of time
  • State government. The legislature is in session, and I spent one whole day last week up at the statehouse...and of course, I expressed my opinions about education to Utah lawmakers.
  • Sweethearts Dance. I'm so grateful that Mariah wants Dean and me to be part of the dance day activities. This past Saturday we cooked breakfast for the gang then I sent them on a scavenger hunt. This seems like a small task, but it literally took my entire Saturday, and I spent a good three hours before that planning and shopping. Click here to read about it.
  • I've gotten a new drivers license.
  • We did our taxes.
  • I've taken care of countless things that just need to get done.
Whew...see what I mean....
But even in these busy times...I have so much to be thankful for! Here are a few things that I've been especially grateful for these past two weeks:
  • The world's best husband!
  • The world's best kids! I love them so much! (and I freak out every time I realize how quickly they are growing up....)
  • A job that keeps my mind active and allows me to use my talents
  • Enough money to pay all of the bills and a little left over to save
  • The fact that I can read. I love to read. It brings me a lot of joy, and I don't know what I would do if I couldn't read.
  • Friends who listen to me bitch about life (and you know who you are ;-)
  • Neighbors who willingly and lovingly take care of our girls on Thursday nights when I'm at school and Dean is working.
The second list is the most important list! For that, I'm truly grateful!

No comments: