Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Bon Jovi Concert, Salt Lake City, March 22nd, 2011

Each year my company has a VERY BIG user's group meeting for our clients.  Seriously, there are like 6,000 to 7,000 people who attend from all over the world.  It's quite an event.  This year, my birthday was right smack, dab in the middle of the conference.  Over the years, I've spent a fair amount of birthdays on the road, but not this year.  I took off two days for my birthday....and in turn, did not go to the conference.  When folks asked why I wasn't going, I said, "First, it's my birthday on Monday, and second, I have Bon Jovi tickets on Tuesday."  My former boss said, "That's the best reason yet I've heard not to attend." 
I actually really missed seeing the clients.  After 14 years in the biz, I know many of them, and I consider several of them friends.  I won't miss next year's conference for sure...it's in Vegas, baby!
So...the concert.  

Can I tell you that I have a serious crush on Bon Jovi.  The man is HOT. 

I also really like his music.  Slippery When Wet came out when I was in high school, and that whole album pretty much defined my senior year.  Over the years, I've belted out the lyrics to "Livin' on a Prayer" more times than I can remember. I also think Jon Bon Jovi is a good guy.  He's done some great nonprofit work, and I just think he's an all around good person.  In short, I love Bon Jovi.  When I heard he was coming to Utah, you'd better believe I was on that computer at 10:00 AM snagging my tickets.  We had awesome seats right by the stage. 

Here are some of the sites and sounds from the concert....enjoy!

This is me and Dean, pre-concert.  I'd like to point out that all of my private parts are covered....but there were a lot of ladies at the show bearing some serious cleveage.  I'm not sure who the audience was for that type of dress (or lack thereof).  On the TRAX, I thought one woman's boob was going to come flying out.  I keep checking to make sure they were still in place.  She managed to keep them in, but I'm telling, you, one jumping incident would have exposed those babies.  Dean and I are getting older....and this is about as dressed up as we get for a concert; we're way too practical. And old...did I mention that we're old.  So old that I will definitely consider wearing earplugs to the next concert I attend.  I'm fairly certain I have some hearing loss going on...


"It's My Life"
"Runaway"
"Hallelujah"
"I'll Be There for You"
"Who Says You Can't Go Home"
"Blaze of Glory"
"Dead or Alive"
"Livin' on a Prayer"

No comments: