Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Tasty Chicken Recipe

I'm typically not one to cook, but since we have a kitchen that is manageable, I've tried a lot more than I ever have before.

My friend, Leona, gave me this idea, and it was quite tasty!

Chicken Cordon Bleu (Weight Watchers Style)

4 oz chicken breast
1 oz thinly sliced ham
"Laughing Cow" Cheese Wedges
Seasoning (like garlic salt or onion salt)
Toothpicks

Pound chicken with meat tenderizer until thin enough to be able to "roll"
I put saran wrap around the chicken and pound it that way.
Season chicken with your preferred seasoning (I used poultry seasoning and onion salt)
Place two very thin slices of ham in the middle of the chicken
Put one wedge of cheese on ham and "spread" with a spoon (the cheese doesn't easily spread)
Roll chicken and secure with a toothpick.
Coat with either bread crumbs or "Shake and Bake"
Place chicken rolls on baking dish (sprayed with Pam).

Bake at 400 Degrees for 35 Minutes.
Remove toothpicks and serve.

Very, very yummy and only 7 WW points.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That sounds so yummy! Only 7 points? I'm in. Do you think I can bake it in a toaster over?

Wendy said...

I think you can...is your real oven broken? I actually think I over cooked it by 5-7 minutes. It's hard to get chicken juicy and cooked well.

Karlie said...

OOh! Sounds so good! Thanks for sharing.