Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Six years ago, Dean and I were married. Four years ago, we were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple and had a formal ceremony. Here are some of my favorite shots from that day...and not your typical shots. The thing that is most shocking to me is how much the kids have grown in four short years! Bradley was just about to enter the 8th grade. Now, he is beginning his senior year!

This is one of my all time favorite pictures of the kids. I think they look so nice! It was a fun day, and they loved getting all dressed up and participating!

The kids looks so nice because of this woman! Alicia Brown was their primary president, and I asked her if she would help them get ready and bring them to the temple. I was overwhelmed at how beautiful the girls looked! Alicia is one of the un-sung heros of the day.

This is Steve, my BFF. It meant the world to me that he came up for our special day! He was such a help (even if he did forget his pants...oopsie!) I'm so glad he was there!

This picture makes me laugh. I have no idea what is in my hair...probably a bug or something. Check out Domi who is still posing for the camera...albeit with a forced smile. Many, many things happen behind the scenes to get to that one "money shot."

This picture makes me smile. This is our "funny face picture." (Oh, and for the record, that is not my real hair color...for some reason, it was exceptionally dark that day....I think we did more brown than normal. My real hair color is pretty close to Elle's (left).)
These two girls are definitely sisters. They fight like cats and dogs, but they really do care about each other. This candid shot speaks volumes about the true nature of their relationship.
I call this picture "Taller than Dad." Bradley was so excited that he was finally taller than his dad (which isn't too hard since his dad is only 5'5"). It's no mistaking that these two are father and son...and if you saw Dean's dad...you'd see just how strong that gene pool is.

It was my idea to have candid pics taken on the little league field where Bradley played ball. At first the kids were like, "Um...I don't get it." Then we had a good time with it! These are some of my favorite pictures.

This was near the very end of the photo shoot....what bride in their right mind would sport a baseball cap for pictures if it wasn't near the end. What fun pictures!

Happy Anniversary to the whole clan. I didn't just marry Dean, I married everyone!

4 comments:

Daisy said...

What a fun post Wendy - just how I remember the kids when we were in the ward with you. I can't believe how fast they change. Just think what they'll all look like in 5 more years. Yikes!

Happy Anniversary!

Melissa said...

Happy anniversary! What a special day. Your elopement and subsequent sealing in the temple is such a favorite story of mine. I remember laughing and just being in complete shock after your phone call, but when it's right it's right. I'm so happy for you and your baseball playing, soccer watching, fun loving family. You have a fantastic family.

Libby Lu said...

Congratulations! I loved your all of your pictures but the ones on the diamond are by far the best (coming from a huge baseball fan).

Vickie said...

Congratulations! What great pictures Wendy. You have such a beautiful family. Here's to many more wonderful years together.