Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I have perpetuated the Tooth Fairy myth

If you are getting this through my facebook feed, it you might not see all images in FB. You can go to http://wdavis.blogspot.com to read the original post.

I was going through some of my electronic files the other day, and I found this....

Tooth Fairy I'm a dork. I attached Sacajawea Golden Dollar Coin to the paper, and I posted it to her bedroom door. She LOVED it. I think we are all done with lost teeth. The last one was from Dom a few years ago. We had forgotten her Tooth Fairy money, so before she got home from school, I took a FedEx envelop, addressed it to her, put in a note from the tooth fairy and assigned her address to the packing slip. She was WAY skeptical, but because she got her own FedEx and because this one include a few bucks, she only questioned it for a minute. Thankfully, I did not have to explain how the Tooth Fairy had a FedEx account number. I'm also done perpetuating the Tooth Fairy myth. If you want my honest opinion, kids know LONG before they let on that the tooth fairy gig is just a gig that we parents do. The money is too good to give up, so kids and parents keep on perpetuating this childhood myth. The kids like the cash; the parents like making up crap about the Tooth Fairy. I'm sure that my kids will resurrect the Tooth Fairy story when they have kids, too.

No comments: