Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Fundraising and Feather River

I had the wonderful opportunity to teach an on-line class at Feather River College this past term. (It was actually a hybrid class...part in person...part on-line). It was an wonderful opportunity in every way. I've wanted to teach on-line since I received my masters degree on-line. I was able to take the best of my professional expertise combined with my passion for education and facilitate a course for the good people in Quincy, California.

If you've never heard of Quincy, you're missing out. It's nestled in the mountains of California about an hour and a half outside of Reno. It's a small, tight-knit community of learners, faculty and staff all working for the betterment of the students and the community.

This is a picture of my class (with me). I'm so proud of them and the ideas generated in such a short period of time!

We got them these shirts for their final. They were a big hit!
I also brought Bradley with me to check out the campus and the baseball program while we were there. The following are a few pics of our "Thursday Drive" in Plumas County. It is absolutely gorgeous!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh the evergreens. They get me every time. So pretty. Your students were lucky to get you. What a great experience. Are you going to keep teaching? You've got some mad skills.

Karlie said...

Cool! Ooh, it looks beautiful.