Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Life is a journey, not a destination.....

When I graduated from Virginia Tech, my friend Leona gave me a bracelet with that written on it. I wore it proudly on that day back in 2007. I've always liked that phrase, and I've always tried to enjoy the journey.

I'm a firm believer that I can influence the path that I take in life by making certain choices, taking some calculated risks, moving outside of my comfort zone, working hard, admitting when I'm wrong, letting go, and by moving forward...always forward. The path is not always easy, and sometimes my life journey has weird detours that are unexpected.

One thing that makes my journey worth it is Dean. I love him very much, and together we've been able to tackle some difficult things. When the kids are all moved out, we'll have each other. He's my best friend, my confidant. I tell him everything. I trust him. I love him, and I'm so glad that we are on our journey together.

When we had our family photo shoot a few weeks ago, I asked my friend Daisy to take a few pictures of us walking down this gorgeous path. They turned out so wonderful, that I had to share them. These pictures remind me of that "journey."
To see other amazing pictures taken by my friend Daisy, you can visit her site by clicking >>here<<.

2 comments:

Libby Lu said...

Beautiful photos and beautiful sentiment. :)

Daisy said...

Wendy, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a part of creating these memories of your family and creating these portraits that are more than just a picture but a symbol of the journey you are on as a couple/family. That is what makes photography so wonderful to me. I am glad you like them. XO