Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Elle's Christmas Concert

One of my absolute favorite things about being a parent is watching the kids' performances. I don't know why, but it always makes me get teary-eyed. As I realize that the days of elementary, junior high concerts are few (the high schoolers don't play instruments anymore)...I get even more sentimental.

Tonight, Elle had her first ever band concert. She just started playing the clarinet in August, and after a few months, it's pretty impressive that the junior band can pull together a concert. God bless band teachers everywhere!

The problem with band concerts is that the lighting is horrible. Even though we were up front, the picture was still grainy, so I prettied it up with a program, and now we have "Abstract Elle."


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh, I like the abstract! Nice work. My brother Zach Larsen plays the clarinet in the band also. Elle probably knows him. He is a stud. I love the small concerts, it gives the kids so much pride in what they have learned and practiced.

Becky said...

Spencer just started playing the clarinet this year and is hoping to play the saxophone. I'm so surprised at how far he's been able to come in such a short amount of time. Very cool to see Elle playing!