Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Our House at Christmastime

It's important to me to make sure the house feels cozy and welcoming at Christmastime. Each year, I switch it up a bit...depending on how I feel. Here are some pictures of our home this year.

This first series of photos is of my display on our bookshelf. I had the idea to use the tiles from my bathroom tile job and make a beautiful display. I chose some of my favorite sayings from Christmas songs. I think it turned out to be very beautiful..much more so than I expected.




This is our tree. It looks much better in person. It's hard to get it right with the light/flash.

This is on our coffee table. I love this beautiful container. I put some filler and some simple ornaments in the container. I think it looks lovely.


I had a momentary lapse in judgement and decided to tackle Christmas cookies. It actually went much smoother than I thought it would. All of the kids love to help, and they are happy to do the baking if I'll do the cleaning. It works out pretty well. Here is a photo story of Bradley making my favorite Christmas cookies: Spritz...with the favorite "cookie gun."





This is one of my favorite spaces to decorate. It's in our kitchen. We have an oddly large space behind our sink because of the way it was built, and it serves nicely for displaying things. The two pictures are art that my mom made when I was young...as far as I can remember, we've had them. The trees are creations that Elle, Domi and I made: candy, Styrofoam
and a glue gun. Viola!

I hope you have warm Christmas memories of your home!

No comments: