Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

It's been a crazy year....

I'm feeling a bit sentimental today, so I thought it might be a good time to do a recap of the year and remember all of my blessings. I have much to be grateful for.

January: Dean's birthday is January 1st, so we start off every year with a dual celebration. I'm grateful for my husband. He's a wonderful man. I know that people always tell me that he is luck to have me, but they don't know the real secret...I'M the lucky one!

February: Dean and I had the wonderful opportunity to travel to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. It was a wonderful trip in the sand and sun, and we still talk about how lovely it was. I'm grateful for my job, the great people I work with and all of the many places I've been.

March: We celebrated an early Easter this year, and we took the kids to Moab, Utah...one of my favorite places. I'm always amazed that it is the simplest things that they love the most. They loved climbing on the ROCKS! And let me tell you, there are some major rocks in Moab. I'm grateful for God's creative hand and the phenomenal beauties of southern Utah. I'm also grateful for our kids. I drive them crazy most of the time, but they tolerate me!

April: Disneyland! We finally made it there, and it was awesome! We had a few great days in Anaheim at the parks, the beach and Hollywood. I'm grateful for California! I've spent a large part of my professional career working there, and I love the people (from north to south), the climate (from north to south), the food, the culture, and pretty much everything about California. It's my second home! Hopefully, someday it will be our permanent home!

May: The girls all played softball for the first time this year. April and May were packed with softball games. I love watching them play, and they are so talented. I'm grateful for any parent who spends their time coaching kids sports. It's truly a labor of love. Our girls were blessed with some talented coaches this spring, and some coaches who really cared! I'm grateful for them!

June: June is about the time that it gets really nice in Utah. It's not too hot, and the cold is typically gone. June reminds me of when all of my neighbors are out and about grooming their yards. I LOVE MY NEIGHBORS! All of the people in are circle are wonderful. I love our conversations as we meet in each other yards. I love that they are our friends. I'm truly grateful for my neighbors! They are the best!

July: I travelled A LOT this summer. Sometimes the summer is a slower period for me, but this summer was busy. I'm grateful for TaLaisa and Brittney who watched my girls for me on the days that I was out of town. You can't trust just anyone to watch your kids, and these ladies were great! I'm grateful that they agreed to take on the challenge!

August: Bradley started playing fall baseball this August. He is such a great ball player, but more than that, he's a great person! He stayed on at Westridge just to play baseball, and we're glad he did. He and the Westridge Eagles gave us so much joy this season! I'm grateful for Bradley, the boy he was, the young man he is, and the man he is becoming. I'm so proud of him! I love you, Bradley!

September: I think I said it best when I said in church, "If you listen carefully, you'll hear the "Hallelujah Choir" singing...because the kids are going back to school this week!" I'm always grateful when school begins! I'm also grateful for middle school teachers. Why anyone would actually want that job, I don't know, but I'm grateful for dedicated teachers who love our kids.

October: We had a rocking Halloween party this past October. I think Halloween is such a fun time for kids...they candy...the dressing up....it's one of my favorite times of year, too. I'm grateful for our friends in our ward, and we hosted the party for them and their children.

November: November is a busy month. First, Bradley went back to public school! Yea! Second, Dean and Bradley got to go to Oklahoma to see a phenomenal football game where Oklahoma creamed Texas Tech. Third, it was Thanksgiving. There is so much to be grateful for....but I think I'll choose....college football! We all love watching a good college football game. Oh, and did I mention...that the University of Utah not only went undefeated...but killed BYU! Oh, yeah....lots to be grateful for in November!

December: This December I was home for MOST of the month. I think the last day I traveled was December 9th. By the time I travel out in January, I will have been home almost 4 weeks...which is practically unheard of! I'm quite grateful for that. I'm also grateful for the time of the year when we celebrate the birth of the Savior. I'm so grateful for HIM! When I stay close to Him, my life is good.

I'm so blessed! It's been a wonderful year, and I look forward to another great one in 2009!

No comments: