Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008

Our Thanksgiving 2008

Well, I have to start somewhere, so this is my first post. I've temporarily retired one of my blogs (for the Jr. High), so I have some bandwith to manage a family blog...in my spare time ;-)
We spent this Thanksgiving at home...just chilling....

Elle took on the task of folding napkins...she just followed the instructions from a book...she's very good at that!!

This is the end result. Bellisimo!

Domi insisted on wearing her bonnet. Okay, an explanation is in order. In Utah, we celebrate Pioneer Day on July 24th. A few years ago, I got all of the girls bonnets. This year in 5th grade, Dom has been learning about Pilgrims and Indians, and the bonnet reminded her of a Pilgrim...so, this is her tribute to the Pilgrims. She kept calling the Pilgrims, "Pioneers." Oh well!



This is our turkey. See that little red button? It's supposed to pop up when the turkey is done. It was defective. Yep, we cooked our 16 pound turkey for 6 hours. Thankfully basting made it very tasty and not too dry.

This is Dean posing for the camera...he wasn't really fighting the turkey ;-)

In years past, we've done a much fancier table. This year, it was linens, our best silverware, our best plates, some candles and the traditional sparkling cider.


A Thanksgiving Day Smootch.



No comments: