Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

...as we wind down from Christmas....one last reminder to not shoot your eye out...

My husband has wanted one of those leg lamps from "The Christmas Story" movie. He found out about it ahead of time because the stinker looked at the credit card bill. Last year was our first year displaying the "soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window."

We had our own little Christmas story mishap during the inaugural year of the lamp. Apparently, the girls were looking out the window...at what, I don't know, and they knocked the leg over. Mind you...this freaking leg lamp cost me $250.00. I noticed a slight tilt as the high heel was disconnected from the platform and leaning precariously as if it would tip over at any moment. It was only then that we got the confession about the mishap. This year, I wanted to super glue the heel down. Dean decided to use duct tape. Believe it or not, it worked!

As I was cleaning my desk tonight, I found the instructions for the assembly of the leg lamp. I kept them because they made me laugh. How hard is it? Take out the bottom, take out the top, put in the bulb, put the top on the bottom...shake out the fringe...call it a day.

As you ring in the new year...here's one last bit of Christmas Story cheer!


2 comments:

Daisy said...

Yeah for leg lamps. My brother got the lamp for my dad about 5 Christmases ago and it goes up EVERY year. Hilarious. That's got to be the best Christmas Story ever!

Tyra Swensen said...

That is so great you have that lamp...how funny!