Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

And on the third day....

Ok..so I accidentally dropped my cell phone in the toilet on Friday night. This scenario could have been horrific, but it was only mildly annoying. I had plunged the toilet and was rinsing said plunging device in a bathtub (that we don't use for bathing...) when it must have slipped out of my pocket.

I reached in and grabbed the phone. I got this phone 9 months ago, and paid full price for it. It's the latest and greatest RAZR, and it's fully loaded with features. The phone cost me $300.00. I was miffed at myself for letting the phone fall in the toiley....

Then...my hubby found a solution on the Internet that has appeared to work. You disassemble the phone and put the components in dry rice for three days.

Today was about the third day, and I pulled in that phone to see if there was any way to save it.

I'll be damned if it didn't turn on. Let me tell you, that saves me a lot of money. I think I'll have to replace the battery...and the phone definitely needs a thorough cleaning...but other than that, I should be good to go soon!

Here is an illustration that I snagged from popularmechanics.com.

For those who didn't know...don't EVER try to flush the phone. It won't work.


No comments: