Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Well, we did it...

Dean and I have re-joined Weight Watchers. I think this is our 3rd time as a couple trying. It works! I love WW. Anytime I've not been successful, it is because I didn't try...not because the program isn't a good one.

As we're getting older, our health problems become more pronounced, and over and over again, the common denominator seems to be weight. While weight is a measurable goal, I have other goals as well:

1) Not to be as tired as I am all the time;
2) Not to have to use a seat belt extension on an airplane;
3) Not to have to lay on the bed to zip up my jeans;

There are many more, but those are a start. I'm confident that by trying, that those goals can be met and met in a relatively short period of time.

I'm grateful for Dean, and I want him around and kicking for a while. We have plans to retire to San Diego...to go on a mission and to enjoy our lives. It's imperative that we work on our health to be able to enjoy the rest of our lives!

4 comments:

di said...

congrats! you will be able to do it! you are one of the most determined gals i know--if you put your mind to something you will be able to do it! you'll be great!

Karlie said...

I'm with ya. I have never tried Weight Watchers, but I hear good things. Good luck! If you can make it to the church on Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:30am a few of us exercise, swing by if you don't have work.

Melissa said...

Oh you are so good. I agree. W.W. works -- when I follow the program. It's the darn following the program that I struggle with. You've inspired me. I'm going to dig out my points finder and instead of just writing down the things I eat, I might as well add up the points. It's good that you are joining as a couple. Working together as a team is always the best approach.

Stephen Graham said...

Good for you! I know you can do it. Just avoid Micky D's (wathcing Super Size Me can help avoiding it easy) and keep going. I heard excellent advice once that is helping me. It is to eat 50% of you food as raw food (something that does not need to be cooked). It was excellent and I have a greater love of veggies now! Good luck on it. I know you will do great. Hardest thing for me is the exercise part, but on the nice days we have been going walking which it helping me lose about .2 lbs a day doing it. Better than nothing! Love you guys!