Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Made out like a bandit....

Sometimes, the kids say things that make us laugh so hard that we almost pee our pants. I've taken to writing them down because I'm afraid that I'll forget them.

I recently bought a bunch of skirts on-line from Target. I'm on a quest to find church appropriate clothes for my teenage girls that don't make them look like young hookers. I've been to every major retail store out there, and the clothes are all short, short, short. It's near next to impossible to find dresses....that aren't short, low cut...or otherwise not acceptable. So, I ordered several "knee-length skirts" on line. Of the four skirts and one dress, Elle found two she liked, Riah (of course) liked nothing...and Dom took two skirts.

Dom is the easy one to buy clothes for. She's not picky, and as long as she thinks it's cute, I'm good. I bought her two skirts the other day when we were out, and it was not my intention to give her two more.

So...tonight I said, "Dom, you made out like a bandit."

Dom: "I made out with a bandit?"

Dean: (laughing) "like a bandit"

Dom: "I don't know what that means."

Wendy: "And you probably don't know what it means to 'make out,' either.

Dom: (long pause) "That's what you think!"

Um....she's 10. I may be in for big trouble because 1) she doesn't know a standard, albeit colloquial expression, but 2) she does know what it means to make out.

3 comments:

di said...

love it! i absolutely love your kids! the are huge role models for my boys (and soon for my girl). thanks!

Melissa said...

Too funny. I better put bandit on my vocabulary list next week. I'm also waiting for long skits to come back in style. No one needs to see my knees, or my calves for that matter.

Unknown said...

I read it to trav and of course he made a movie reference. cuz if you make out like the bandit, as in smokey and the bandit, it could add a whole other meaning with burt reynolds involved. anyway, laughed and loved the story!